The fact that the public was more outraged about her alleged use of a cell phone than the officer’s violent use of force is nothing short of disturbing. It is demonstrative of a society that respects rules more than it does black bodies.
“What Now Frau Merkel?” The refugee crisis in Europe might show Angela Merkel the limits of her power
While she might be perceived as the backbone of the European Union, the chancellor is not without flaws and the refugee crisis will show how indispensable she really is.
President Obama called the Paris attacks an “attack on humanity” – but why do we hand out humanness selectively?
The motive for the murders remains unknown, but the recurring theme of misogynist violence is one that overshadows the details.
On Friday, November 6th, three women protested the tax on feminine hygiene products imposed by the European Union by free bleeding in front of the Parliament building in London.
Abortions, which already cannot be paid for with federal dollars, only make up 3 percent of the services provided at Planned Parenthood, leaving a whopping 97 percent focused on prevention, testing, and treatment
Texas, in keeping with the state’s long tradition of bizarre irrationality, has decided that dildos are more dangerous than guns.
After years of living in Los Angeles, I’ve never felt the type of spirit in the air as I did last night at Senator Bernie Sanders’ rally at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
The recent US Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality is a cause for celebration but the fight is not over.
A recent Yahoo article brought up the fact that no one knows if tampons are safe enough to use. It states that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gives its approval to these products with little oversight and instead relies on the manufacturers to conduct the safety testing.